Saturday, February 8, 2014

Caitlin Craziness: Day 1

Current status: In Camphrier Town about to head back to Route 7 after restocking ball supply. Of note: I forgot that Froslass is Friend Safari only, so it's out for this run - probably to be replaced by Sableye sticking around. It may not have "no weak" as the kids say, but one weak is fine too. Also, Gengar *will* have a Poison move when I get it, since I picked up the Venoshock TM.already.

In the portion before I got the Ghosts, I started Chespin (so the rival would have the part-Psychic Delphox), and I was worried about how it would fare in the Bug gym. Turns out Rollout at L8 solves a lot of problems, a lesson I look forward to abusing once the Fairy run starts. Also, of *course* this would be the run where I find a Light Ball on a Pikachu in Santalune Forest. I am not looking forward to grinding out a good natured Light Ball rat (functionally equivalent to a ultra-Mega Stone) eventually.

Current party:
Honedge - Adamant (+Atk -SAtk), L21
- Shadow Sneak
- Return
- Fury Cutter
- Pursuit

Hasn't fainted once. Levels quite quickly, largely due to being able to shrug off anything on the physical end between his typing and pretty good Defense stat. Probably going to run it through some Super Training so I can hope for a Reset Bag, then grind out the Dusk Stones so I can get Aegislash ASAP. Only had to reload the save three times for this nature, too.

Shedinja - Naive (+Speed, -SpDef), L21
- Return
- Thief
- Leech Life
- Scratch

My friend/fellow Streetpass Halifax social media guru suggested I use this for filler, and so far it looks to be the first up against the wall when the party fills. Raising it is a pain because it's in the weird experience group where it levels slower than anything at lower levels, and Nincada's attack rating can generously be described as "shite". Thank heavens for Audinos on Route 6... until it evolves, and you realize just how much gets through Wonder Guard. Aside from Snorlax's Lick, it has fainted to a one-shot kill on a Carvanha (Rough Skin), and to the typeless Struggle from Smeargle. Twice. When you're getting killed by any sort of attack from an unboosted Smeargle, you need to re-evaluate things.

Plans for tomorrow: At least get to Cyllage City, add Drifloon and Golett. My Bulldoze TM is ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment