Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Day 4: As The Balloon Flies

Current progress: Saved on Route 13, trying to restrain myself from going to town on everything in that route because Repels don't work and hating Eastern wind. Oh yeah, I got the fourth badge too.

The team is at L34 now... Honedge hasn't changed, Shedinja has X-Scissor (thank you Azure Bay), Golett's packing Low Sweep until it evolves, Sableye picked up Poison Jab as Valerie insurance, and Drifblim... can finally Fly.

The freedom to be able to go anywhere, pick up any stray item I want and so on is a tad overwhelming, actually. For future runs, I'm probably going to have to play this under true rules where the only thing I *catch* is Pokemon of that type, because I'm pretty sure the game clock shouldn't be 20+ hours heading into the 5th badge. Unless I do a lot of grinding.

Had another run-in with the rival's Absol, and the entire team still gets 2-hit killed except for Drifblim, but the fact that Doublade has massive Defense is going to switch things up after I get past Clemont and onto 14. Speaking of Gym Leaders... Ramos's Jumpluff is a royal pain in the tush largely because its somewhat pathetic Atk is boosted (probably Adamant) and Acrobatics from anything is gonna hurt like a mother.

Thankfully, dude's using Weepinbell and Gogoat can't do a bloody thing to Drifblim. I suspect if these games were moddable the way the DS games were, he'd be packing at least a Victreebel. And maybe an illegal Ferrothorn.

Goals for tomorrow are simple - beat the Electric gym, get Thunderbolt for like, half the team and get a good quality Haunter/Gengar while still squeezing in some Bravely Default and going to a Streetpass meet. Should be interesting, if nothing else.

No comments:

Post a Comment