Sunday, February 23, 2014

Opening Weekend: Fairies Frying

After a busy weekend of running over half of Kalos with the Fairy group, with some notable exceptions - I'm presently saved in Cyllage City having just beat Grant for the Cliff Badge.

So far, the only things I'm packing that aren't Fairy are Fennekin, a Pikachu I caught randomly, a shiny Bunnelby who's probably going to the Bank at some point (in before Diggersby tho :/), a Fletching for aerial transport purposes, the Charmander Sycamore sticks you with, and an Eevee I could turn into Sylveon if I felt like it.

Other than that, it's all Fairies all the time. Here's where I stand:

Azumarill - L24 - Brave, Huge Power - "iphys" - Aqua Jet, Rollout, Bulldoze, Rock Smash
As expected, it rolled the Bug gym with Rollout. Surskit didn't even have a chance to touch me as it elected to Water Sport on the Defense Curl turn. The nickname comes from the fact that I caught it as a female but it became male at evolution - it's named in honor of a friend.

Kirila - L23 - Quiet, Synchronise - Confusion, Magical Leaf, Thief, Teleport
Yes, Thief. Its main purpose was a) to provide alternate attack methods, and b) to help with leveling up by robbing Audino of their berries. Hasn't done much to this point, but it's only a few levels shy of becoming Gardevoir and that pleases me very much.

Floette - L23 - Rash - Fairy Wind, Razor Leaf, Nature Power, Wish
Amazing that the first Fairy move on the team and the only one of the right type is three Pokemon in, but hey, more coverage. Nature Power has been Rock Gem and Earth Power, which has actually come in handy fairly often. I don't mind Rash because hey, Florges is base 154 SpDef, I can give a little up.

Slurpuff - L23 - Quiet - Fairy Wind, Endeavor, Fake Tears, Round
The first (and probably last) beneficiary of Synchronise. When asked why I used this guy: "It learns Surf" (and soon, too). Actually managed to OHKO Grant's Tyrunt after a CH from a couple of levels down.

Mawile - L23 - Naughty, Intimidate - Fairy Wind, Vice Grip, Rock Smash, Bite
The Amaura killer, Mawile popped him with a couple of Rock Smashes. Took about an hour to find one with a Attack-positive nature and Intimidate, but I've taken steps to make sure the SpDef deficit doesn't come into play.

Granbull - L23 - Adamant, Intimidate - Bulldoze, Rock Tomb, Rock Smash, Strength
Just added on Route 10, and I'm not sure if this will fill the role of effective Ground type or Fang-killer. It was a quick evolution, at any rate - in fact, the whole team is. Only 2 evolutions left, and one's a stone I'm two routes from.

Other notes about the run:
- I've taken the time I'd normally spend on filling the Pokedex and devoted it to Super Training. It takes about an hour to go from 0 - maxed, and my usual plan is "use leftover bags" - "grind on L2 until full of bags" - "use new bags" - "grind on L3 until full" - repeat last two until maxed. It won't make much of a difference now, but it could later on.

- I'm still pondering nicknaming the rest of the team, but haven't had much inspiration to this point.

- The Exp Share is staying on for now, but I'm going to run through the Battle Chateau for a bit before the next update to have additional TM funds. Time to find out if anyone can Poison Jab.

- I've got two Heart Scales, and I estimate I'll need about six for Gardevoir, Mawile and Granbull.

No comments:

Post a Comment