Thursday, June 12, 2014

Normal E3 Edition: A Whole Lot Of Nothing

For clarification: Between E3, work generally beating me down, and E3 podcasting... this is probably going to be the longest run since Fairy. We're three days in and I just got to Route 9, for instance. And this team needs levels badly.

Here's where we stand right now in terms of team members:
Litleo (Unnerve, Mild, SA/Speed) - Headbutt, Ember, Bulldoze, Work Up *L21*
Quacklin' (ingame-traded Farfetch'd) - Slash, Aerial Ace, Knock Off, Fury Cutter *L21*
Snorlax (Thick Fat, Naive, Atk/Speed) - Chip Away, Bulldoze, Rock Smash, Lick *L19*
Whimsur (Soundproof, Modest, SA/Speed) - Uproar, Howl, Pound, Astonish *L17*
Zangoose (Immunity, Naive, Atk/Speed) - Slash, Rock Smash, Pursuit, Fury Cutter *L17*
Helioptile (Dry Skin, Naive, SA/Speed when it's STed) - Thunder Shock, Tail Whip, Mud Slap, Charge *L15, just caught*

Day 1:
Started with Chespin as promised, picked up Bunnelby and Zigzagoon at first opportunity and let them take charge. Forgot momentarily which Pokemon you needed for the Quacklin' trade and inadvertently caught Fletching, so needed a second Bunnelby and ended up not doing the trade until after the gym. Also grabbed Bidoof for muling purposes on Route 3.

Picked up the first permanent member on Route 22 (Litleo) after about a half hour of searching. Mild's not ideal, but I'll settle. I can always Heart Scale Noble Roar back for the big ones. STed, and then had Litleo beat the gym down. Pulled the Farfetch'd trade and basically left town with Bidoof (trying to grind it to Bibarel), Quacklin' and Litleo in the back.

On Route 4, I simply let the derp and duck combo take out the trainers and ended up going into the Sycamore fight at L14. Came out of it with Litleo at 15, a gratuitous Charmander, and no time left.

Day 2:
Because of meetings and busted logins, I didn't get to start back up until halfway through the day. We took care of Route 5 and Bidoof evolved (so I stopped caring). Quacklin' and Litleo took the reigns from there and we went into Camphier at L17 for those two.

I'm almost to the point that I have Parfum Palace down to a science. We got out of there quickly, and went over to grab Snorlax - and I caught one with the right ability (extra resistances are always nice when you DON'T HAVE ANY) and a livable nature on the first Quick Ball. At this point, work stupidity kicked back in and I only had a chance to get Snorlax STed before end of day.

Day 3:
Things appeared to slow down, so I had Snorlax run a train on Route 6 for some levels, then took the gang down Route 7 to pick up Whimsur and Zangoose. Whimsur was accepted on the 8th attempt with a perfect nature, while Zangoose was good on the first shot after about 20 minutes or so of crawling Route 8 - didn't even hit the swarm.

Of course, the two sets of ST took a long time. They always do.

Once that was finished, I grabbed some extra cash and experience in the Battle Chateau, finding quickly that Zangoose has the Nincada experience curve. Thankfully, Zangoose can do damage so it's not so bad. We picked off Route 8, I picked up a few TMs in Ambrette, and caught Helioptile before the day ended, and I'm about to ST it (at 2am, because I'm hoping against hope for something to hit before I finish what could be $1200 worth of E3 preorders.)

Tomorrow; Since Helioptile will be STd, we're running back to even out the levels. I'm going to beat Grant, and hopefully get to Shalour before the end of the day (but it's a long shot).

No comments:

Post a Comment