Sunday, June 8, 2014

Water Weekend: Revenge of the Antipode

Current location: Route 18

Current team in the L53:
Vyse - Surf, Cut, Extrasensory, Grass Knot
Hook - Water Pulse, Bite, Tackle, Flash Cannon
Picard - Aqua Tail, Play Rough, Strength, Rock Smash
Tenneal - Surf, Flamethrower, Ice Beam, Signal Beam
Leela - Surf, Thunderbolt, Dazzling Gleam, Signal Beam
Starbuck - Bubblebeam, Low Sweep, Poison Jab, Dig

As per the advice of my advisor, I elected to keep Hook around and see if I can do something with Clauncher down the road. We picked up on Route 15 and went through leveling the team and clearing out 15, the Hotel and 16 (though I couldn't pick up Snarl the first time because I missed a skating trick).

Following the end of 16, I actually picked up the Super Rod and killed a little time by flying around doing some fishing to round out the levels. Didn't catch anything worth using, though. I flew back to Dendemille from there and availed myself of the move returner's services to get Hook off Bubble - now, if I could get him off Tackle, I'd be happy.

In the Frost Cavern, nothing major happened except for being caught out with Vyse against Hariyama, but that's why Goddish invented Revives. Anistar Gym saw Vyse try the sweep but due to a lack of offensive power, Night Slash let Light Screen get up - but Leela's Signal Beam confused on the first shot, resulting into Slowking KOing himself.

The final event of the weekend was the Flare quest, and Leela did most of the Gyarados KOing when it came in off the hop, and Vyse took out the Mega form with a newly-super effective Grass Knot.

Tomorrow: The run winds down, and we go down to 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment