Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Water Day 1: Don't Believe Lysandre's Lies

Current location: Camphier Pokemon Center, need to ST someone.

Current team:
Vyse the Frogadier - Quiet, SA/Speed - Water Pulse, Lick, Pound, Quick Attack (male, L18)
Hook the Wartortle - Rash, SA/Speed - Water Gun, Tackle, Bubble, Bite (male, L17)
Vaan the Ducklett - Timid, no ST yet (planning same as other two) - Water Sport, Defog, Wing Attack, Water Pulse (male, L14)

Ishmael's adventure opened with attempting to find a quality Froakie - and at some point, I need to get a female so I can call her "Leela". Anyway, it took about six tries before I got a nature I could deal with, so after the requisite ST we marched off to Santalune, picking up a Panpour, rat, Bidoof and Azurill (who I might've kept if I managed to catch one with Adamant/Huge Power or similar, it ended up with Careful so nope, gonna wait for Marill still.)

The Santalune gym proper was a tad tricky as I didn't bring the usual complement of Potions, leading to Froakie ending up at 6 HP at one point against Vivillon. Luckily, we were able to overcome that to grab badge 1.

After a sneaky dash through Route 4, it was Squirtle time - and we had a few scares in which Leech Seed managed to cause a lot of problems. Eventually, we won out and I got a usable Squirtle in Hook on about the sixth successful match.

I doubled back to clear out 22 and 4 to get Hook leveled up, and both Pokemon ended up evolving on the double battle of Route 5. They were at the current level by the end of Route 5, so we cleared Parfum Palace, grabbed Snorlax, and managed to find a good enough Ducklett for our purposes on about the third ball before the end of the day and the obtaining of Mario Kart.

Tomorrow: The next time I go for a Pokemon on the team, it'll be once we obtain Surf... so we're probably going to push to at least get past Grant.

No comments:

Post a Comment